Today I was feeling a bit lazy and decided to make some fajitas. Ya’ll should know by now that’s my go-to dish. I wanted to try something new and came up with this Spicy Honey Grape Wine Chicken Fajitas (what a mouthful right!). This came out better than I expected. I really enjoy putting in honey when I make the marinate. I think it’s creative and adds more of that tangy and sweet flavor which is a great combination with the wine.
- 1/2 large ripe purple onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper (your choice of color), sliced
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, cut
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1 chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp crushed red peppers
- 1/4 salt (I used pink salt)
- 1 tbsp lemon and pepper seasoning
- 1 1/2 cayenne pepper powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure raw honey
- 1 1/4 tbsp grape wine
- 2 tbsp basil leaves
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
In a medium bowl, put in your chicken strips and all of the ingredients from the seasoning list. Cover and let it sit for 20 minutes.
In a saute pan, butter the pan and then saute purple onions and pepper along with the brown sugar (this makes the onions more sweeter). Put it aside.
In the pan (better with a casket iron), put in the chicken and cook until tender brown. Put in the onions and peppers then pour in the wine. Combine all together in medium low heat for 2 minutes. Set aside once done.
Serve with tortilla. Garnish with cilantro, tomato, lime juice, salsa/hot sauce of your own choice.